● Guided 8 hr excursion by our English speaking expert Grape Guide!
● Visit 2 wine regions: Chianti & Chianti Classico (with tastings of Chianti, Chianti Classico, Riserva and Super Tuscans)
● Visit 2 exquisite wineries with tours of vineyards & cellars.
● Tasting of some of Tuscany's best olive oils & cheeses.
● Lunch at the famous butcher Dario Cecchini with a sampling of meats & Bistecca!
● Visit the village of Greve in Chianti.
Cost: 175 € per person
Time of departure: 9 or 10 am (winter 9.30 am)
Meeting point: Grape Tours office in Via dei Renai 19, Florence.
Pick-up outside Florence (Galluzzo) available: YES
Total time: Around 8 hrs
When: From Mondays through Saturdays
Size: min 4 people - max 16 pp.
Distance: 45 mins approx
Min age to participate: 16 yrs
Allergy-friendly? Yep, make sure to mention to your guide.
Wines tasted: Mainly reds.
Wineries accept credit cards for wine purchases. (see some shipping info here)
This day trip will be an exploration of the heart of Chianti Classico, the defined area that begins just south of Florence and reaches to the north of Siena.
While visiting the wonders of the area and in tasting its wines, you will come to understand the concept of terroir, and you will learn how Chianti & Chianti Classico is made, how to distinguish the characteristics of the native grape varietals, and much more...
Lunch is an exceptional feast at famous butcher Dario Cecchini where both Dario's family recipes will feature as well as the iconic Bistecca Fiorentina.