Private Montalcino wine tour
Montalcino is well tucked away in the south of Tuscany, but it's well worth the trip! You'll be rewarded with splendid vistas and delicious red wines.
We'll start off with a small family owned estate where we can get a private tour of the vineyards and cellars to learn about the uniqueness of the territory of Montalcino.
After a delicious tasting of important Brunellos' it'll be time to taste the typical dishes of the region. We'll enjoy a full Tuscan lunch together with more wine of the region.
Along the way we'll have the opportunity to catch a glimt of the Sant'Antimo Abbey, and a view over Montalcino and its imposing fortress. On clear days, the Orcia valley clearly shows its wonderful landscape and villages.
In the afternoon, we visit an acclaimed producer on the opposit side of the hill, to really be able to compare the northern versus the southern side of the hill with the varying styles. We'll be treated to a wine tour possibly by the owner and another interesting sit-down tasting with several wines to compare vintages.
● Guided 9 hr excursion by our English speaking expert Grape Guide!
● Visit 2 exquisite wineries with tours of vineyards & cellars.
● Tasting of some of Tuscany's best olive oils
● 3-course light lunch at a farm, winery or countryside restaurant.
● Stop to stroll around Montalcino (around half an hour)
Price & tour info
Prices are in Euro, are per person, and are all-inclusive of:
● Guided roundtrip escorted by Grape Tours wine expert
● 2 winery visits with tastings of Grape Tours' choice
● Delicious farm-to-table style lunch at a winery, or at a local restaurant.
Full-day (8-9 hrs) from Florence for a min. of 2 people and a max of 8 with the following prices:
2 people: €500,00 per person
3 people: €350,00 per person
4 people: €300,00 per person
5 people: €275,00 per person
6 people: €250,00 per person
7 people: €225,00 per person
8 people: €200,00 per person