Private Carmignano wine tour
The ride from Florence to Carmignano is around 45 minutes, just long enough for your Grape Guide to talk you through the history of this old wine region, one of the 4 regions to be listed in the 1716 decree.
The region is small so we have selected two of the most historical wineries also renowned as the best. The first winery was an old hunting lodge of the Medici family, and has remained small, family owned and is run in a biodynamic way. We'll have a chance to chat with the owner or with the winemaker about how exactly the wines are made, from the growing to the bottling. We relax in front of the fire place where some delicious olive oil bruschetta will be made, and we enjoy the purest expressions of Carmignano wines.
Towards lunch time we will head to the largest winery in Carmignano, owned by a noble family and prized for its high quality products. We'll enjoy a lunch on the patio, weather permitting, with local ingredients and vegetables fresh from the organic garden.
We'll taste their famous Vin Santo dessert wine before heading on an incredibly interesting wine tour of the historical cellar, the Italian garden in front of the villa, the Vinsantaia and the olive oil mill.
In conclusion, we'll stop quickly to admire the Medici villa in Poggio a Caiano with the possibility of peaking inside (if open).
● Guided 8 hr excursion by our English speaking expert Grape Guide!
● Visit 2 exquisite wineries with tours of vineyards & cellars.
● Tasting of some of Tuscany's best olive oils
● 3-course light lunch at the second winery accompanying the wine tasting.
● Stop at the Medici villa in Poggio a Caiano.
Price & tour info
Prices are in Euro, are per person, and are all-inclusive of:
● Guided roundtrip escorted by Grape Tours wine expert
● 2 winery visits with tastings of Grape Tours' choice
● Delicious farm-to-table style lunch at a winery, or at a local restaurant.
Full-day (8-9 hrs) from Florence for a min. of 2 people and a max of 8 with the following prices:
2 people: €450,00 per person
3 people: €300,00 per person
4 people: €275,00 per person
5 people: €250,00 per person
6 people: €225,00 per person
7 people: €200,00 per person
8 people: €175,00 per person