Private Chianti Classico wine tour
If your starting point is in Florence, our day will be spent exploring the northern part of the Chianti Classico region, so Greve in Chianti and the organic district of Panzano in Chianti.
We will typically start out in the morning around 10 am and visit a lovely winery in the morning.
We like to select wineries with some good history and a lot of charm so that you may experience the magic combination of the wine culture and fabulous views. Letting us choose the wineries visit, will ensure you the most intimate experience as we will settle for no less than private visits whenever possible. Often the wineries chosen are of the small and family-owned kind, where passionate winemakers burn to tell their story. After an enlightning winery visit learning about the grapes, terroir and the winemaking, we culminate with a lovely sit-down tasting of the products currently on release. All the wineries we select and like to work with, offer their products for sale at favorable prices and are able to ship their products should you wish to purchase any.
Lunch may be either at the famous butcher Dario Cecchini's restaurant where we can enjoy a tasting menu of Dario's family recipes with plenty of local wine to wash it down with, or we can have a 3-course lunch at a small winery restaurant (fixed menu with more wine tasting).
Usually, there's time to stroll around Greve in Chianti which has a lovely town square with small shops and cafes.
In the afternoon, we'll chose another great winery to enjoy another authentic Chianti-experience, or perhaps something a little more modern...trust us, it's great...eh, Grape!
● Guided 8 hr excursion by our English speaking expert Grape Guide!
● Visit 2 exquisite wineries with tours of vineyards & cellars.
● Tasting of some of Tuscany's best olive oils
● Lunch at the famous butcher Dario Cecchini with a sampling of meats & Bistecca, or lunch at a winery with a farm-to-table lunch (and more wine tasting!)
● Visit one of the Chianti Classico villages.
Price & tour info
Prices are in Euro, are per person, and are all-inclusive of:
● Guided roundtrip escorted by Grape Tours wine expert
● 2 winery visits with tastings of Grape Tours' choice
● Delicious farm-to-table style lunch at a winery, or at a local restaurant.
Full-day (8-9 hrs) from Florence for a min. of 2 people and a max of 8 with the following prices:
2 people: €450,00 per person
3 people: €300,00 per person
4 people: €275,00 per person
5 people: €250,00 per person
6 people: €225,00 per person
7 people: €200,00 per person
8 people: €175,00 per person