MEDICI WINES & VILLAS IN CARMIGNANO
● Guided 8 hr wine tour experience by our English speaking expert Grape Guide!
● Visit the quaint Carmignano region, one of Tuscany's historic wine gems.
● Visit 2 different historic and organic wineries with vineyard & cellar visits, and ending off with a visit to the olive oil mill.
● Taste different styles of wines from whites to reds and dessert wines.
● 3-course Tuscan lunch weather permitting outside overlooking the hills of Tuscany.
● Stop at the Medici villa at Poggio a Caiano in the afternoon (half hour).
MEDICI WINES & VILLAS
Cost: 175€ per person
Time of departure: 10 am sharp
Meeting point: Grape Tours office in Via dei Renai 19, Florence.
Pick-up outside Florence (Galluzzo) available: NO
Total time: Around 8 hrs
When: Saturdays, May - October.
Size: min 4 people - max 8 pp.
Distance: 60 mins approx
Min age to participate: 16 yrs
Allergy-friendly? Yep, make sure to mention to your guide.
Wines tasted: 8-9 different wines both whites, reds and dessert wines.
Wineries accept credit cards for wine purchases. (see some shipping info here)
This trip takes you to the tiny DOCG region of Carmignano where Cabernet has been growing since the Renaissance! In fact, the history of the Medici family is infiltrated everywhere in Carmignano, and we will visit two historic estates that today produce prime organic wines.
You may enjoy the vineyards and picturesque cellars, whilst tasting great wines throughout the day, fantastic olive oil, enjoy a freshly prepared lunch in lovely settings.
Also stop by the grand Medici Villa in Poggio a Caiano for short stroll.